PBS KIDS Digital is excited to open a second round of applications for the Kart Kingdom Live Game Grant!
Kart Kingdom is the new online world on PBSKIDS.org. In Kart Kingdom, kids customize their own unique Karts and complete challenges. Kart Kingdom is based on the systems thinking curriculum that was developed by PBS KIDS with the help of Arizona State University’s Center for Games and Impact, and is generously funded by a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
During the first round of applications, 18 stations were selected to host live games in their communities. The 18 stations, in the order of their event dates, are: KVIE, UNC-TV, WUSF, WGBY, IPTV, WPBS, WSKG, LPB, WTJX, SHPTV, KNPB, NET, WTVI, WTIU, KET, PBS SoCaL, Community Idea Stations, and WHYY.
Now is the chance to host a live game yourself! Using our toolkits, you can choose to host one of the three pilot stations’ live games as a standalone event, or as part of a larger station or local community event that your station is participating in. Through these games, we hope to engage local children with the systems thinking curriculum and strengthen relationships between stations and local families.
Kart Kingdom Live Game Grants Round 2 Details
- How many grants are available? About 12 grants of up to $5,000 each.
- When is the grant application due? June 2, 2015 at 5pm EST.
- Where I can access the application? Download this document. If the link doesn’t work, copy and paste this URL into your web browser: https://pbs.box.com/kartkingdomgrantrfp
- Where can I find more information? Check out this recorded webinar where PBS KIDS members and PBS station representatives answered questions about the pilot events and application process. Or copy paste this URL into your web browser: http://digital.pbs.org/blogs/pbs-digital-blog/pbs-kids-kart-kingdom-game-live-grants/
- May 12, 2015: Kart Kingdom Live Game Grants RFP published
- June 2nd, 2015: Applications due by 5pm EST
- June 9th, 2015: Decisions announced, agreements initiated
- June 15th - Sept 15th, 2015: Live games take place
- Sept 30th, 2015: All station event reports due, final payments approved
By Jennifer Chen | Production Associate | PBS KIDS Digital