The women were chosen based on applications they submitted that indicated their background in public media, experience in management and interest/aptitude for becoming a future general manager. The goal of the mentorship program is to better prepare women -- via mentoring and training – for GM/CEO and COO positions that open within the next five years.
Below is information about each mentee:
- Latricia Huston, Development Director -- WRKF public radio station in Baton Rouge, LA;
- Kimberlie Kranich, Director of Community Content & Engagement – WILL - Illinois Public Media in Urbana, Il;
- Andi McDaniel, Director of Content Strategy & Innovation -- Twin Cities Public Television in St. Paul, MN;
- Teresa Peltier, Director of Digital Strategy & Organizational Planning – WSKG Public Media in Vestal, NY;
- Sara Robertson, Vice President, Production & Technology – KLRU in Austin, TX.
The Public Media Women in Leadership program was co-founded in January, 2015 by public media veterans Deanna Martin Mackey and Jeannie Ericson. The purpose of the group is threefold: establish a mentorship program to better prepare women with potential to become future CEOs/COOs in the system; create a community via Facebook and webinars/trainings to encourage conversation and sharing about issues related to women in leadership; and create awareness in the public media industry about the critical need to diversify station leadership.
For more information about the program contact Deanna Mackey.
By Deanna Mackey | Station Manager, KPBS | Co-founder, Public Media Women in Leadership