Purpose for the Change:
This change will allow easier updates and management of CSS within the PBS-provided smart snippets, plugins, templates and themes.
What Has Changed in Bento?
Bento users who use the PBS-provided plugins and smart snippets will notice the following changes:
- Darker, easier-to-read font colors and sizes;
- Better spacing between the different H tags;
- Most importantly font consistency among the PBS-provided snippets and plugins.
Bento users who do not use the PBS-provided plugins and smart snippets will likely not see any changes.
Developer Note: If you are looking to apply the new CSS to originally created Bento features, you'll want to do one of the following:
- If you don't have custom CSS on your site but use your own templates, you can create your own CSS, which can then be embedded on to a page or site;
- If you already have CSS applied, then you can overwrite the CSS rules in that file (see below for more);
- If you use PBS-provided templates but have custom styling, you can create a smart snippet with this CSS reference, and then apply it to a page or site.
- You will be able to locate the CSS files by using your developer tools to determine the CSS rules, which are being displayed and applied to the elements on a page.
Find sample sites below which now have the new styling applied to their sites:
If you have any questions or feedback please contact your PBS Digital representative or email@example.com.
By Jen Carter Hinders | Product Manager | PBS Digital