PBS LearningMedia is thrilled to announce the release of two brand-new, 60-second promo spots highlighting the benefits and value of using digital media from PBS LearningMedia in the classroom. The featured educators are from the PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators program – a group of 100 educators serving as our local ambassadors and partnering with their local PBS stations to raise awareness of our collective service within their communities.
- “I Love Teaching” – Testimonial #1 is a fun, impactful compilation-style video that features multiple educators talking about their love of teaching, reliance on digital media in the classroom and how PBS LearningMedia is the answer to their needs. Watch on the PBS LearningMedia YouTude channel.
- “Steve’s Story” – Testimonial #2 is a thoughtful, motivational video that features students and tells one teacher’s story of how he uses PBS LearningMedia to bring lesson plans to life in his classroom, making the product relatable and enticing to other educators. Watch on the PBS LearningMedia YouTube channel.
Promoting these testimonials is a fantastic way to reaffirm your station’s commitment to education, lift up local educators and add the all-important teacher voice and endorsement of educational resources available through your local station’s PBS LearningMedia service. Below are some ways that your station can leverage these new resources.
- Co-brand and run on-air
- Embed in your station’s blog and/or website
- Share on social media using the hashtag #PBSLovesTeachers
ProRes, on-air quality co-brandable files of both videos are available to download here. These will also be available on MyPBS.org and included in a promo reel distribution to stations in October, 2014. For social media promotion, we advise you to direct traffic to the videos on the PBS LearningMedia YouTube channel, starting with testimonial #1 the week of 10/20/14. Here is some suggested messaging:
- Facebook/Google+/etc.: “I love teaching because every day is a new adventure.” Hear what else educators love about teaching and why PBS LearningMedia is their go-to tool for accessing resources in this brand new video testimonial! Help us spread the love for teaching by sharing the video using the hashtag #PBSLovesTeachers. http://to.pbs.org/teach
- Twitter: Hear why teachers love teaching & @PBSLrnMedia! Spread the love by sharing this video using #PBSLovesTeachers: http://to.pbs.org/teach
Starting on Nov. 3, we will begin social media promotion of the second testimonial. Below is some suggested messaging:
- Facebook/Google+/etc.: See how an Oregon science teacher (and 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator!) uses PBS LearningMedia in his classroom to bring lesson plans to life and engage with students. We promise you’ll be inspired by how he is making a difference! http://to.pbs.org/steve
- Twitter: Be inspired by how one Oregon #science teacher uses @PBSLrnMedia to bring lesson plans to life. http://to.pbs.org/steve #PBSLovesTeachers
Join us in sharing these powerful stories of how PBS LearningMedia is making a daily impact in classrooms across the country.
By Michael Hammerstrom | Associate Manager | PBS LearningMedia
Michael has worked as an associate manager with the PBS LearningMedia Station Relations team since September 2013. Michael draws on more than nine years of experience, most recently with KaBOOM!. When he can find a free minute, Michael loves walking his miniature schnauzer yorkie, going to the theater, and hiking in Maryland.