Welcome to the Weekly PBS Interactive Station Products & Innovation Debrief, designed to give PBS stations a rundown of Interactive updates and opportunities announced this week on our blog.
Engagement can be a way to improve customer service, inspire action on your site, make users think about your content, and improve cross-platform digital experiences: quick, actionable advice you can use now.
Are my tweets staying true to my original purpose? Am I using the best language and tone for Twitter? How can I better engage my followers and grow my network? Find out how to address some of Twitter's most challenging questions.
The PBS Interactive Station Advisory Council (SAC) is made up of a group of leaders within public media. As PBS Interactive delivers new products and services, these members collaborate and advocate for stations every step of the way. Meet Libby Peterek, SAC chair and Director of Web Services at KLRU in Austin, Texas.
It's not too late to learn about #CookForJulia, a multi-platform content and promotional initiative celebrating the life and influence of PBS chef and pioneer Julia Child, who would be celebrating her 100th birthday on August 15, 2012. Monday's webinar outlined the digital, broadcast and communication elements of the initiative and how your station can participate and potentially integrate into your August pledge plans.
This week PBS Interactive danced through lunch as part of PBS's "Be Active. Be Healthy. Be More." event.
Follow the Links Below to Keep Reading:
- FYI Friday: Engaging Your Digital Ecosystem
- Twitter Tips and Tricks
- SAC Member Profiles: Libby Peterek
- #CookForJulia: Pledge and Digital Celebration of Julia Child's 100th Birthday
- Wordless Wednesday: Zumba
At-a-Glance: PBS Interactive Product and Services Updates
- Happy Independence Day! PBS headquarters will close at 12:00 PM on Tuesday through the July 4th for the holiday.
- Save the Date: PBS Localization Webinar, July 24, 2:00 - 3:00 PM. More information to come.
- No hassle, no logins. It's the new PBS Interactive Station Guide. Have you checked it out yet?
- Need to update your local station content information on PBS.org? Take a peek at the new home for your Local Content Forms #localpbs