Welcome to the Weekly PBS Interactive Station Products & Innovation Debrief, designed to give PBS stations a rundown of Interactive updates and opportunities announced this week on our blog.
You’ve probably heard the “agile” buzzword tossed around in the digital sphere and can reasonably guess the general meaning. However, like “synergy,” it may still be a bit fuzzy. Learn more about how PBS Interactive uses the agile framework.
From Operation Smile to Goodwill and The Salvation Army, nonprofits can seize a number of opportunities with Pinterest, other social media tools, and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. @PBSInterns explore how a handful of nonprofits are using the Internet to meet their goals.
Interns joined employees and their kids to celebrate PBS KIDS Day, complete with face painting, cotton candy and a brigade of PBS KIDS characters.
Follow the Links Below to Keep Reading:
- What is Agile?
- FYI Friday: How Nonprofits Implement Digital Strategies
- Wordless Wednesday: PBS KIDS Day
At-a-Glance: PBS Interactive Product and Services Updates
- Second Distribution of Prosper Funds: Prosper checks, for the period January 1, 2012 through June 31, 2012, were mailed this week to all stations that have received Prosper donations during this time. Checks are being sent to the person listed as your station’s Accounts Receivable point of contact. If you have any questions about your statement, please contact us immediately.
- PBS Facebook Like Drive App Introduction Webinar: August 8, 2:00 - 3:00 PM. PBS has produced a customizable, easy-to-use Facebook application for stations to implement Facebook "Like Drives." The Like Drive application is designed to give PBS stations a turnkey way to produce their own Facebook Like drive with the goal of reinforcing local brand value, helping audiences articulate why they value their station, and building their Facebook audience. Register for the webinar to learn more.
- COVE Content and Promotions Calendar: See the latest details on programs to be featured on COVE’s general audience video portal this August in the PBS Interactive Station Guide COVE Resource Center. If you have related content we could promote, let us know.
- #CookForJulia: PBS Food is hosting a multi-platform content and promotional initiative celebrating the life and influence of PBS chef and pioneer Julia Child, who would be celebrating her 100th birthday on August 15, 2012. Watch the archived webinar to find out how your station can get involved.