Welcome to the Weekly PBS Interactive Station Products & Innovation Debrief, designed to give PBS stations a rundown of Interactive updates and opportunities announced this week on our blog.
We interviewed Jay Boeding, Station Advisory Council (SAC) Member and Corporate Relations Representative at Iowa Public Television, about his expertise, experiences and ideas for the future.
Jay Boeding also passed along an interesting story on charitable giving. We encourage you to share this with your development colleagues.
@PBSInterns guide us through forcing Google to recrawl your site, a short lesson about the canonical tag, and some tips to guide your keyword research.
Follow the Links Below to Keep Reading:
- SAC Member Profiles: Jay Boeding
- The Geography of Charitable Giving
- FYI Friday: Search Engine Solutions
At-a-Glance: PBS Interactive Product and Services Updates
- Get a sneak preview of Downton Abbey Season 3: In this short scene, watch Maggie Smith, the Dowager Countess, go head-to-head with cast newcomer Shirley McClaine. Downton Abbey Season 3 premieres on PBS on January 6, 2013. You can link to and promote this video in your own COVE portal by adding Masterpiece to your home carousel.
- Vote for SXSW panels: Heading to SXSW in Austin next year? Check out the list of panels from PBS and stations and vote for your favorite! Voting closes 8/31 and makes up a large portion of which sessions are offered at the festival.
- iMA Premium Webinar: Is Responsive Web Design a Silver Bullet? Wednesday, August 29, at 2:00 p.m. ET. iMA will explain the practice of responsive design and its benefits, the application development process that incorporates responsive design, as well as the technologies involved in enabling it. Register today.