Welcome to the Weekly PBS Interactive Station Products & Innovation Debrief, designed to give PBS stations a rundown of Interactive updates and opportunities announced this week on our blog.
Puppets Animate Pledge Night at KLRU
KLRU Web Developer and improv puppeteer, Jesse Overright, wanted to mix things up a bit in the studio for the Being Elmo pledge program. In a stroke of creative genius, he decided to bring puppets into the studio for the night.
At-a-Glance: PBS Interactive Product and Services Updates
- Sam the Eagle presents a musical salute to America. Happy Independence Day!
- Coming up on the SPI Blog: Keep an eye out for posts on PROSPER and #pbsElection coverage later this week.
- PBS Localization Webinar: July 24, 2:00 - 3:00 PM. PBS Interactive is working on an improved version of our localization algorithm for PBS.org and the PBS mobile apps. This upgrade removes many of the issues currently being experienced because of our heavy dependence on Nielsen data, which has proven to be inconsistent. It should allow us to more accurately auto-localize visitors to pbs.org. Register for the webinar to learn more!
- PBS iPhone and iPad apps: This month we released an upgraded version of the PBS iPhone and iPad apps. The new versions expose station COVE video in search results. In the iPad app, a new tab to highlight local programs. Some 69 stations are now able to publish local COVE video to the PBS mobile apps.
- Freedom from the old SRC. Have you seen the new PBS Interactive Station Guide?
- The land of the Local Content Forms is the new home of your local station content information on PBS.org. #localpbs