Welcome to the Weekly PBS Interactive Station Products & Innovation Debrief, designed to give PBS stations a rundown of product updates and opportunities announced this week on our blog.
One of the main goals of the Prosper initiative is to increase the number of PBS.org visitors localized to their favorite PBS station. We tell you how and why.
WBEZ and WITF found a creative way to inspire their online audiences to give. See what your station can do to spice up your pledge drive.
The interns are here! The interns are here! Meet Paul, Brionne, and Barry, the SPI Team's summer 2012 interns.
Wordless Wednesday: The interns are soaking up knowledge!
Follow the links below to keep reading:
- Prosper Experimentation: MoLo On PBS.org
- The Internet is Weird: Online Donation Videos
- Getting to Know…Paul Lopez
- Getting to Know...Brionne Griffin
- Getting to Know…Barry Blitch
- Wordless Wednesday: Summer 2012 Interns
At-a-Glance: PBS Interactive Product and Services Updates
- PBS has its first viral hit. "Garden of Your Mind" was posted on YouTube at 9 a.m. Thursday and promoted via social media. It's a remix of Mr. Rogers, using the auto-tune technique. Here’s a #Storify of the first day #GoodToBeCurious.
- We need beta testers for the Facebook Like Drive App. The station Like Drive app is intended to be a simple, turnkey Facebook app that you will be able to use to customize and run your own local Like Drive campaigns. You will not need to do an actual live campaign, only play around with the app and provide your feedback. If your station is interested in testing, please contact Chris Walz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, COB.
- Need to update your local station content information on PBS.org? Take a peek at the new home for your Local Content Forms #localPBS
- Out with the old SRC, in with the new PBS Interactive Station Guide. Have you checked it out yet? #localPBS
- June 13: Google Analytics Training: What does it really take for an online consumer to make a donation?
- June 14: NTen Webinar Series: Nonprofits & Data: How to Visualize Your Data
- June 22: NTen Webinar Series: Nonprofits & Data: Putting Your Visualizations to Work
Wordless Wednesday Call Out
The SPI team is looking for station input for our Wordless Wednesday blog posts. You’ve seen what’s happening at PBS headquarters -- now show us what the world looks like from the #localPBS perspective. Send images via email or Twitter using hashtag #WordlessWednesday, and we’ll choose one for the blog each week.