Welcome to the Weekly PBS Interactive Station Products & Innovation Debrief, designed to give PBS stations a rundown of product updates and opportunities announced this week on our blog.
Last month, PBS Interactive kicked off the first phase of a two-part Prosper research project, an audience-facing research initiative designed to determine the motivations of online donors. Learn more about the overall research goals and preliminary findings of the project.
Natalie Benson, Marketing & Social Media Manager at Colorado Public Television walks us through the facts and features of Storify.
Digital Future Scholar, Kathy Smith, describes her main takeaways from PBS Annual Meeting including the digital evolution of public education.
Wordless Wednesday: Station Products & Innovation Director, Kristin Calhoun, spoke at Carl Sandburg Middle School's Career Day this week.
Follow the Links Below to Keep Reading:
- Prosper Research
- The Skinny on Storify
- Digital Future Scholars Annual Meeting Takeaways: Kathy Smith (WGTE)
- Wordless Wednesday: SPIs Versus Astronauts
At-a-Glance: PBS Interactive Product and Services Updates
- PBS iOS App v1.6 just released. Now search for #localpbs programs.
- "Garden of Your Mind," PBS Digital Studios' first viral hit, is now available to embed on your station site or blog and to link in your station's COVE portal. Email us for more information. #GoodToBeCurious
- Need to update your local station content information on PBS.org? Take a peek at the new home for your Local Content Forms #localpbs
- Out with the old SRC, in with the new PBS Interactive Station Guide. Have you checked it out yet?
- June 22: NTen Webinar Series: Nonprofits & Data: Putting Your Visualizations to Work
Wordless Wednesday Call Out
The SPI team is looking for station input for our Wordless Wednesday blog posts. You’ve seen what’s happening at PBS headquarters -- now show us what the world looks like from the #localPBS perspective. Send images via email or Twitter using hashtag #WordlessWednesday, and we’ll choose one for the blog each week.