by Amy Baroch, Station Products & Innovation
1. Who are you and what do you do at PBS?
I’m Jessie Sampson, Senior Associate for PBS Interactive.
2. How long have you been at PBS?
My two year anniversary was Friday!
3. Before PBS, what did you do?
I worked at a small direct marketing company, helping fundraisers and other non-profits come up with marketing plans.
4. If you didn't work in public media, what would you be doing?
Hmmmm… maybe being a high school drama teacher?
5. Explain the best part about your job Twitter-style, 140 characters or less.
The people! Everyone at PBS- and the stations- is so friendly! People love what they are doing and it makes every day better.
6. Working directly with Jason Seiken, you have insight into all the goings on here in PBS Interactive. Any secrets you'd like to share with us?
Bake cookies for a long meeting. It makes everyone happy and they are much more likely to stay engaged.
7. What do you see as the future for public media and how does Jessie Sampson fit into that vision?
Probably the same as it is now, except with space suits and hovercrafts, and I would like to design our new, flashy, public media metallic space suits.
And – just for fun – a few quick-fire questions:
1. iPhone or Android? iphone
2. Dogs or cats? dogs
3. Blog platform of choice? wordpress
4. Elmo or Grover? grover
5. I am currently listening to… Katy Perry
6. I am currently reading… Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
7. I’m currently watching (TV, film, etc)… Mad Men
8. Most overused phrase: “sorry but I need to reschedule your meeting…”