Are you one of those lucky people who will get to escape your cubicle for a few days and go to the iMA Conference and South By Southwest (SXSW) Festival ? The media world will take
Here are a few of the iMA and SXSW sessions and events we, on the SPI Team would like to suggest you add to your calendar - Plus, the SPI team’s own Kristin Calhoun and Max Duke will be there so be sure to say "howdy!":
- iMA Breakfast: The PBS & NPR Local/National Strategies with Kinsey Wilson, Senior Vice President and General Manager Digital Media of NPR and Jason Seiken, SVP, Interactive, Product Development and Innovation of PBS
- Take Advantage of PBS & NPR! Tactics You Can Implement Now!
- Panelists include John Keefe, WNYC; Libby Peterek, KLRU; Mike Bauhof, Nine Networks of Public Media, Hawk Mendenhall, KUT; Jennifer Strachan, KPLU; and Tim Olson, KQED.
- Web Metrics Will Make You a Superstar with Robert Bole of CPB, Tammy Carpowich, KPBS, Jayme Swain, PBS, and Mike Reszler, MPR
- Going Mobile Without Going Crazy, or Going Broke, with SPI's Max Duke as a panelist.
Lastly, in celebration of the SXSW, PBS & Friends will throw a party at The Parish on Sunday, March 13, starting at 9:00 PM for those who have a SXSW Interactive or Film badge only. Click here to R.S.V.P for the party.
Don't forget us back at the office! Remember to tweet all the conference happenings by using the hashtags: #iMAConf and #SWSX. Keep the twitpics of your steak dinners to a minimum.
If there are any other events you think members of the public media should attend while at iMA or SXSW, post them here.